Sunday, July 22, 2007

Facebook

Well, I went back to my Facebook account, which I had created a while ago, before Facebook was opened to the world. It was generic, and I dropped it when a couple of one of my daughters friends found it and she was not amused.

I added many of our LHL friends as friends, chose a couple of applications, and added a picture. I already had a couple of friends- my other daughter, her wedding photographer who used Facebook in lieu of a website, although that has changed, and a few miscellaneous other people.

Personally, I am just too private, at this point in my life, to share my personal thoughts, experiences and photos with the world...but that could change! However, I keep thinking about the world- meaning my kids, their friends- and by extension everyone I have ever known- will know what I put up here, so.......

I had previously joined the MLA group, and would be interested in being in groups with other librarians. I think the potential is there to meet and interact with students, for example in our liaison areas, possibly, especially the study groups. "Events" posts and the wall offer great opportunities to get news of fun library events or offers to assist out to those who don't visit the library or the webpage.

Lots of potential!

No comments: